Monday, August 6, 2012

HOT, HOT, HOT!




Yup, it has continued HOT and dry in the Ottawa area.
We did get some rain yesterday but not enough. Last evening it cooled and we are enjoying a nice cool morning and it feels good.
Saturday I lead a little ride to the west of Ottawa.
My little ride to Calabogie  drew a small group, 4 bikes in total including myself, Dawn/Sandy, Don T and Sonnie.
Great ride, real nice in the morning but HOT in the afternoon. Some nice roads in that part of the country, twisty (Tavlock Road which the boys had not been on before), up and down, and scenic.
Lunch was great, right on the lake in the shade of a big pine tree, good hamburgers.
The ride home saw a stop at the Race track, man was it HOT there with the heat rising off of the asphalt.
Off to Almonte for ICE Cream, ummm good!
Off to home, it was a 325km day and enjoyable.
I missed having Lise on the ride because I brought my bathing suit thinking swim time but I was the only one, I know Lise would have had her suit and been in the lake with me.
This was a good ride and I think I will do it again after everyone is back from the down east adventure.

No comments: