Thursday, September 13, 2012

WOW What a Day

The Ride Group!

Well a few from the local HOG organization looked at the long range weather and decided it looked like a non work day so it turned into a HOOKY Day. Off for a ride we went with me leading the group as Road Captain. Meeting up in Manotick the local Tim's for a morning coffee after which off we went. Next stop the Tim's in Smith Falls  (yup these folks like the stops and the Tim's coffee). I had plotted a ride route on my new GPS (now nicknamed "Crazy Ivan"). The GPS took us to the Tim's in Smith Falls. After coffee the GPS proceeded to ride us around in circles so I abandoned the unit for the time being and headed off down the highway. On the road I re-activated the GPS to head towards Westport, Ontario, Ya baby off we went. Now the turns dropped us on a hard gravel roadway, not where you really like to be on heavy Touring Motorcycles, Oh well what are you going to do, we continued onward. Arriving in Westport for lunch I took a lot of flack from the ride group, I just pointed at the GPS. After lunch off towards Brockville with the GPS leading the charge. Off on some crazy little tree covered side road, very pretty and I am sure we would never find the road again. This dropped us in a location where we had to hit the Hwy 401 east for about 2 kms, again not planned. Now at Tim's one more time the group were really after me and my GPS this time, thus the new name for my GPS "Crazy Ivan" after the Russian Submariner maneuvers.  In spite of all of the detour type riding we always seem to end up where we wanted to be.
One more coffee and some gas, off were went on the road one more time. This time an Ice Cream stop in Iroquois on the seaway, nice stop. Off towards home, a stop in Osgoode and home. For me it was a 350km day.
Great day, great ride, a bunch of laughs, until next time!

No comments: